Hello All,
I'm new to this list, so I hope that I'm addressing these questions to the
correct place. I have some basic questions regarding policies, procedures &
workflow for uploading MARC records of electronic resources to the OPAC. In
my current position as Digital Services Librarian, it has come to my
attention that our library does not yet have a formal policy in regards to
this. The records that we currently have in our OPAC are only from a
handful of databases and were uploaded by an employee no longer working
here. Therefore, if you could answer the following questions, it would be
greatly appreciated:

1) What job titles and/or departments are responsible for uploading MARC
records from your library's databases to the catalog? How many people are
responsible for doing so? Paraprofessionals or Librarians?

2) How often do you update the MARC records for each database? Do you get
email alerts whenever a database has updated their MARC records or do you
manually check for updates?

3) Do you upload all MARC records from every full-text database? Do you
focus more on ebooks than ejournals? Approximately how many databases do
you or your staff upload MARC records for?

4) If your library does not upload records from aggregator databases, can
you tell me the reasoning behind this?

4) What fields do you add or edit in the MARC records before uploading?

Thank you in advance for any assistance you can give with this! Please feel
free to contact me off-list. I will be happy to summarize for others if
they're interested.

----
Jessica Harris
Digital Services Librarian