If you look at the examples for namepart in the MODS spec, they include all
given names in one name form in the same name part. The expanded forms of
initials that would be in a $q in MARC go in a separate namepart.

I don't think the semantics of MODS are specific enough to handle
separating the components of the given name where multiple, parallel, forms
of the given name can occur?

Simon