The Technical Subcommittee for Encoded Archival Description (TS-EAD) held a working meeting at Yale University's Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library on March 7th-9th. The meeting, which was supported by Yale, the Delmas Foundation, the National Endowment for the Humanities, and the Nationaal Archief of the Netherlands, focused on the revision of EAD, in particular considering the suggestions received during last winter's comment period as well as those of the committee.
It is premature to share specific details regarding changes to EAD, but we are happy to share an updated timeline for the revision of EAD. TS-EAD has an ambitious agenda for the next year and a half and the timeline below may change slighty, but we remain committed to delivering a new version of EAD by the summer of 2013.
As always, please let me or any other member of TS-EAD know if you have any questions regarding the revision of EAD.
EAD Revisin Timeline, 2012-2013
- EAD Working Meeting at the Beinecke Library, March 7-9, 2012
- Alpha release of new schema, documentation, and migration tools, August 2012
- Public presentations (SAA Annual Meeting, webinars, etc.), August 2012
- Alpha comment period, August 2012 - January 15, 2013
- Beta release of schema, documentation, and migration tools, January 15, 2013
- Final (beta) comment period, January 15 - March 1, 2013
- New version of EAD released with tag library and migration tools, July 1, 2013