I'm hoping someone can help me.  I want for each series c01 arrangement statement to be able to link to each of its nested c02 subseries - much in the same way that an archdesc level arrangement statement contains links to each series within the collection.

I can reproduce the links for each subseries within their perspective series arrangement statement, but the problem is that while the links are generated correctly for series 1 to each nested subseries, the subseries links for series 2 link back to each of the subseries in series 1.

For example, Series 1 Subseries 1 links correctly, but Series 2, Subseries 1 links to Series 1 Subseries 1 and not to Series 2 Subseries 1 as it should. The same holds true for each subsequent series.

This is the code that generates the arrangement statement links for me.

<xsl:template match="archdesc/dsc/c01/arrangement/list/item">
       <a>
              <xsl:attribute name="href">#subseries<xsl:number/>
                     <xsl:number count="c02" from="c01"/>
                                              </xsl:attribute>
              <xsl:apply-templates/>
       </a>
</xsl:template>

In my c01 level-series template I have the following,

<a>
<xsl:attribute name="name">
<xsl:text>series</xsl:text><xsl:number from="dsc" count="c01"/>
</xsl:attribute>
<xsl:call-template name="component-did"/>
</a>

In my c02-level-subseries template I have the following,

<a>
<xsl:attribute name="name">
<xsl:text>subseries</xsl:text>
<xsl:number from="dsc/c01" count="c02"/>
</xsl:attribute>
<xsl:call-template name="subseries-component-did"/>
</a>

This is a particularly large finding aid so it would be nice if folks could navigate within each series without excessive scrolling.  I've tried using for-each statements but to no avail. What am I missing? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Russell Franks, MLIS
Librarian for Special and Archival Collections
Phillips Memorial Library
Providence College
1 Cunningham Square
Providence, RI 02918-0001