I would like to know what others do as far as encoding links to external sources in your EADs.  I have mostly thought about this with regards to linking to other institutions' finding aids in <relatedmaterial>, but this could also apply to <bibliography>, <bioghist>, and probably other places.

I previously decided against encoding links I don't have control over, regardless of how authoritative or stable they seem to be, so that I'm not then forced to make sure they don't become broken, but with the proliferation of digitized resources, I thought I'd revisit and see what others are doing.

Thanks!
Deena M. Schwimmer, Archivist
Yeshiva University Archives
mail:  500 W. 185th St. / New York, NY 10033 / interoffice: MGL - 602
email: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> / phone: (212) 960-5451 / fax: (212) 960-0066