Phone: (202) 208-3796
Fax: (202) 208-6773

Please excuse any cross postings

-----Forwarded by George D Franchois/NBC/OS/DOI on 03/28/2012 10:54AM -----
 To: [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask], Government Information
 Division <[log in to unmask]>
 From: George D Franchois/NBC/OS/DOI
 Date: 03/19/2012 04:15PM
 Cc: Jennifer Klang/NBC/OS/DOI@DOI, Maureen A Booth/NBC/OS/DOI@DOI,
 Shyamalika Ghoshal/NBC/OS/DOI@DOI, [log in to unmask]
 Subject: DOI Library Training Session - "Legislative History Research
 Using Westlaw" - Wednesday, March 28th, 2:00 pm

 Hi Everyone -

 I just wanted to send an e-mail to invite you and your staffs to the
 Department of the Interior Library on Wednesday, March 28th from 2:00 to
 4:00 pm for a training session entitled "Legislative History Research
 Using Westlaw" part of our series of free training sessions at the DOI
 Library.

 Westlaw is one of the primary online legal research services for lawyers
 and legal professionals in the United States. Information resources on
 Westlaw include more than 40,000 databases of case law, state and federal
 statutes, administrative codes, newspaper and magazine articles, public
 records, law journals, law reviews, treatises, legal forms and other
 information resources. Attendees to this training program will learn how
 to use the Westlaw legal and legislative databases to find materials
 needed to complete a legislative history. These include materials like
 Congressional debate in the Congressional Record, House and Senate
 Reports, Presidential Documents, and Congressional Hearings, all used to
 find the intent behind a piece of legislation. This class will be taught
 by a Westlaw representative.

 All that are interested are invited.  The DOI Library is located in the
 Main Interior Building, located at 1849 C Street, NW, Room 1151 in
 Washington.  Space is limited so please contact the Library by phone at
 (202) 208-5815 or by e-mail at [log in to unmask] to let us know you will be
 coming.    Please Note: This class is also being offered to remote users
 as a simultaneous online webinar via WebEx. Please contact the DOI Library
 by e-mail at [log in to unmask] for information on how to register for WebEx
 access to the class.

 For more information about future DOI Library Training Sessions, we
 encourage you to visit our Training Sessions website at
 http://www.doi.gov/library/programs/training.cfm.

 We hope that you can attend either in person or virtually on March 28th!

 George Franchois
 Director
 U.S. Dept. of the Interior Library
 1849 C Street, NW, MS 1151