Error during command authentication.
Error - unable to initiate communication with LISTSERV (errno=111). The server is probably not started.
Please excuse any duplication. An exciting job oppertunity with my company! Please see David's message below for more information. If you have any questions please contact David at [log in to unmask]
Good afternoon everyone:
This is my first posting, and I hope it will be of interest.
ASRC Management Services is looking for a super searcher to join our team of over 2 dozen technical searchers at the USPTO. We have some of the best database searchers in the world--I think the very best, but them I’m biasedJ
We want somebody with strong communication and language skills as well as someone with experience searching either Dialog or STN.
This is a very stable environment- with many years left on the contract.
If you are ready to be challenged, and want to join a team supporting important work- this may be the perfect environment for you.
In this role, the Searcher will do the following:
· Analyzes search requests to determine requirements and strategy, develops and modifies complex search strategies to conduct searches of electronic resources.
· Reviews and prepares search results for customer in specified formats.
· Uses independent judgment in selecting from a wide variety of electronic databases.
· Fluently uses search tools offered by a number of vendors as well as in house systems to develop complex search strategies and conduct the searches.
· Responds to requests requiring difficult and comprehensive searches for information through the use of primary and secondary sources, both current and retrospective, ephemeral materials, and/or information not readily available in published form.
· Identifies, examines, and evaluates major publications and tools in scientific and technical areas covered by the Electronic Information Center to which they are assigned.
· Acts as a back-up for reference staff in provision of reference assistance.
· May assist with provision of orientations and training to USPTO employees on use of information center resources.
· May assist with special projects and with marketing efforts.
· We strongly prefer a candidate with either possess a Master’s Degree in Library Science with a technical background or a Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Computer Science or related field with two or more years of Prior Art Searching experience in a related environment such as a Patent Firm, Science or Engineering Library or Research Institute.
· Preference will be given to a candidate with a background in or experience researching areas related to computer science, computer security, all fields of software, computer architecture, databases and file management, internet technology, graphical user interfaces, etc.
· The searcher should be comfortable learning new areas of technology and have a strong command of technical and standard English.
Respond directly to me or apply through our website.
Or use the direct link to the job announcement.
David Holloway, MSLS
ASRC Management Services
IRIS Contract Supporting STIC & OPIM at the USPTO
“A Pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty”
You are currently subscribed to sla-cdc as: [log in to unmask].
To unsubscribe click here: http://sla.lyris.net/u?id=72589.b6dda5aa946dbec010afa93f761f35b9&n=T&l=sla-cdc&o=17067624
(It may be necessary to cut and paste the above URL if the line is broken)
or send a blank email to [log in to unmask]