Please excuse any duplication. An exciting job oppertunity with my company!
Please see David's message below for more information. If you have any
questions please contact David at [log in to unmask]

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Holloway, David (ASRC) <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Tue, Mar 27, 2012 at 3:49 PM
Subject: [sla-cdc] Job Opportunity- advanced technical searcher for
contractor position at USPTO
To: Washington DC Chapter <[log in to unmask]>

 Good afternoon everyone:****

** **

This is my first posting, and I hope it will be of interest. ****

** **

ASRC Management Services is looking for a super searcher to join our team
of over 2 dozen technical searchers at the USPTO.  We have some of the best
database searchers in the world--I think the very best, but them Iím biasedJ
****

** **

We want somebody with strong communication and language skills as well as
someone with experience searching either Dialog or STN.  ****

** **

This is a very stable environment- with many years left on the contract.  **
**

** **

If you are ready to be challenged, and want to join a team supporting
important work- this may be the perfect environment for you.   ****

*Roles/Responsibilities: *****

 ****

In this role, the Searcher will do the following:****

**∑         **Analyzes search requests to determine requirements and
strategy, develops and modifies complex search strategies to conduct
searches of electronic resources.  ****

**∑         **Reviews and prepares search results for customer in specified
formats.  ****

**∑         **Uses independent judgment in selecting from a wide variety of
electronic databases.  ****

**∑         **Fluently uses search tools offered by a number of vendors as
well as in house systems to develop complex search strategies and conduct
the searches.  ****

**∑         **Responds to requests requiring difficult and comprehensive
searches for information through the use of primary and secondary sources,
both current and retrospective, ephemeral materials, and/or information not
readily available in published form.  ****

**∑         **Identifies, examines, and evaluates major publications and
tools in scientific and technical areas covered by the Electronic
Information Center to which they are assigned.  ****

**∑         **Acts as a back-up for reference staff in provision of
reference assistance.  ****

**∑         **May assist with provision of orientations and training to
USPTO employees on use of information center resources.  ****

**∑         **May assist with special projects and with marketing efforts.**
**

*Requirements:*****

**∑         **We strongly prefer a candidate with either possess a Masterís
Degree in Library Science with a technical background or a Bachelorís
Degree or higher in Computer Science or related field with two or more
years of Prior Art Searching experience in a related environment such as a
Patent Firm, Science or Engineering Library or Research Institute.****

**∑         **Preference will be given to a candidate with a background in
or experience researching areas related to computer science, computer
security, all fields of software, computer architecture, databases and file
management, internet technology, graphical user interfaces, etc.  ****

**∑         **The searcher should be comfortable learning new areas of
technology and have a strong command of technical and standard English.****

Respond directly to me or apply through our website. ****

** **

http://www.asrcms.com/Careers/Pages/default.aspx****

** **

** **

Or use the direct link to the job announcement. ****

** **

** **

https://asrcfederal.taleo.net/careersection/jobdetail.ftl?job=35140&lang=en&sns_id=gmail#.T3IYnvCawBY.gmail
****

** **

** **

David Holloway, MSLS****

ASRC Management Services****

Program Manager****

IRIS Contract Supporting STIC & OPIM at the USPTO****

** **

*ďA Pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees
the opportunity in every difficultyĒ*

*Winston Churchill*

** **

---

You are currently subscribed to sla-cdc as: [log in to unmask]

To unsubscribe click here:
http://sla.lyris.net/u?id=72589.b6dda5aa946dbec010afa93f761f35b9&n=T&l=sla-cdc&o=17067624

or send a blank email to

Christopher M. Vestal
DC/SLA 2011-2012 Communications Secretary
Phone: (540) 227-0718
"Life is uncertain. Eat dessert first." --Ernestine Ulmer