I'm just sayin' ...

What used to be an activity of somewhat non-mainstream folks with often different tastes in music
from the masses has become a mainstream activity of hipsters and posers. Latest proof is two
very-mainstream media articles today:

1.
http://blog.nielsen.com/nielsenwire/consumer/record-store-day-vinyl-sales-a-bright-spot-for-indies/

2.
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/19/technology/personaltech/how-to-enjoy-turntables-without-obsessing-over-them.html
(the for-dummies guide to hipster turntable buying)

We also now see a wall-decoration/turntable:
http://www.ionaudio.com/products/details/vertical-vinyl

On the one hand, in my opinion it is good to see vinyl in a healthy niche but, on the other hand,
growth from fickle trend-sters is not good growth because it is inevitable "boom-splat" growth. Will
the annoying bandwagon passengers chase away the hardcore audience for vinyl? We've seen prices for
used LPs rise for some titles recently. Is a "vinyl bubble" in the offing?