I would argue that we are in a reissue renaissance when it comes to
vinyl.  The growth in vinyl sales has created a market for labels like
Light in the Attic, Sundazed, Rhino and dozens of others to reissue
known rock artists as well as artists in many other genres such as
country, jazz, funk, r&b, soul, pop and folk.  Light In the Attic alone
has reissued artists as disparate as the Louvin Brothers, Serge
Gainsbourg, Lee Hazlewood, Betty Davis and dozens of others.  The
Library of Congress has even gotten into the act by reissuing vinyl
editions of many classic Folkways albums on vinyl.  In addition, many of
the major indie labels of the 90s such as Merge, Dischord, and Drag City
have reissued remastered vinyl of their back catalogs as well as digging
out never before heard of artists from the 60s and 70s.

I now find it odd when I can't find a release (new or old) on vinyl.

--
Jeremy Smith
Digital Project Manager, W. E. B. Du Bois Digitization Project