In addition to the solutions suggested so far: for many years I used
cheesecloth to dry 78s. I found it to be completely lint-free, especially after
a fresh length of it is snapped in the air once or twice. It never left the
slightest hint of lint on the records. However, one must check the packages
to  make sure it's 100% cotton. Some cheesecloth is now made of nylon,
which absorbs  nothing. I learned the hard way. Cotton cheesecloth soaks up
water like a  magnet. It's also very soft, and so non-abrasive. I found that it
never got  sopping wet, and when I was finished with a washing session I
just hung the  piece of cheesecloth up to dry. And it's cheap: as late as ten
years  ago I could buy packages of three yards each for something like $1.50
each. If  there is a drawback, it's that after a number of uses the  cloth
loses its absorbability. But because it's so inexpensive it's no problem  to
throw a piece away and cut a new one.

  Not an effort to denigrate any other suggestions; just  another.

  Don Tait