From Japan there is a great service (shipping and consolidating) at Tenso.com. I use them for Amazon.co.jp used items that are not available for international shipping, as well as new music from Tower.co.jp

-----Original Message-----
From: Thomas Stern <[log in to unmask]>
Sender: Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List <[log in to unmask]>
Date:         Sun, 15 Apr 2012 21:47:09
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: [ARSCLIST] high cost of shipping to USA from rest of world

The high costs of shipping a SINGLE item (e.g. a record, or video) from Europe or Asia to
the USA is making it difficult to acquire material from outside the US unless multiple
items can be purchased at the same time.

Has anyone found a way to overcome this problem?

For instance, are there any "freight consolidators" who would be able
to collect items from different sellers, then ship the accumulated
material to the USA when a specified threshold has been reached?

Any ideas welcome.  Thanks.
Best wishes, Thomas.