Roger

I know.I didn't think they made them that early.

Roger

________________________________
 From: Lou Houck <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Saturday, April 21, 2012 1:14 PM
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] Hi Fi Brownwax

I believe the whistle sound is made by an iteration of the "AcmeSiren Whistle".   A tube shaped whistle, about half the length of a fat stoggie, with a small propeller inside that spun when you blew into it.  The little prop spun up when you blew, and slowed down as you decreased pressure, giving rise to the comedic effect.  I think.

Lou Houck (who used to have an Acme Siren Whistle, and may still...somewhere)
Rollin' Recording
Boerne, TX

----- Original Message ----- From: Roger Kulp