From: Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Thomas Stern
Sent: April-21-12 6:33 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [ARSCLIST] Concert-Disc label

I've been looking at CONCERT-DISC releases, and hope someone can provide some information.

There appear to be 2 series of single LP's and a series of Box sets.

A popular series, lowest number I've seen is CS-20 (stereo), mono equivalents M-1020 ff.  Correct.  I don’t show anything lower than than in my catalogues.
  What is last (CS-53) ??  CS-53 – Red Nichols and His Five Pennies, were followed by:
                CS-54 – The Folk Singers’ Folk Singer – Frank Hamilton; and
                CS-55 – Lots of Nichols

Classical series CS-201 (stereo), mono equivalents M-1201 ff.
  What is last (CS 261) ??  That is correct—the Mendelssohn Octet, etc. with the Fine Arts Quartet.

Box sets in a 500 series SP-501, mono MP-1501 ff.
  What is last (507) ??  Yes, 507/3, a 3-LP set of the Beethoven Early Quartets (Op. 18, Nos. 1-6) with the Fine Arts Quartet

Were the box sets a product of the original company, or solely from Everest ??  I do not believe these originated with Everest.

There are a number of series designations
  Audiophile
  Connoisseur
  Sound in the Round
  - what is the significance of these, does AUDIOPHILE have anything to do with the Audiophile label ??  This I am not sure about.  Perhaps others have more information.

Thanks!
Best wishes, Thomas.