I have seen many new releases on black vinyl in the past 10 years but I do also recognize the proliferation of black vinyl you mention overall. Most recently were the Alabama Shakes and Die Antwoord, I believe the Jack White solo album released today is on black vinyl as is the new Dr. John on Nonesuch...

Sent from my iPhone