I have a question about the disposal of Reel to Reel tape....

We have several cases of Reel to Reel tape which we are disposing of. (keeping the reels and boxes.)

What is the best way to get rid of this stuff? I hate to see it fill the landfill (though I am sure there is plenty other stuff there already...) Is it recyclable? or does it usually get carried off by and electronics disposal service?

- hugh paterson