What memories of acetate tape ......  I lived near the Lockheed Skunk Works in Burbank ca and  would buy  a skid of 1/2" Univac 10" acetate brown odixe  computer tape at salvage for  25¢ a roll.  Had a slitting jig and  turned out  1/4" 1.5 mil 7" tapes for  all my friends and local  discount store.
For the era  it sounded better than the  black oxide paper backed 3M  which was the bargain  tape in those days.
Come to think of it i still have some of both in my archive.  The stuff recorded  great on my Magnicord PT6, which i still have.
This list sure has  a lot of history that  makes for interesting  reading and research.  Keep it up.
d nelson ward

Beautiful Music you will never forget, at; http://www.americanbeautiful.podbean.com/