The North Carolina State Archives does not contribute records to WorldCat.
Our “catalog” is a home-grown database that supports multi-level
description; however, it isn’t based on any standardized metadata schema.
As far as I know we have never done MARC cataloging here. We are
investigating several content management systems that have the potential
to export MARC records. In the event that we acquired a system that could
automate the creation of MARC records, I think there might be a chance
that we would start contributing to WorldCat. But otherwise, it’s not
likely that we would create MARC records, since our own “catalog” doesn’t
even support it.

For those who do contribute to WorldCat, do you have any evidence that it
actually enhances discovery of your collections?

Aaron Cusick
Archivist, Information Management Branch
North Carolina State Archives
4614 Mail Service Center
Raleigh, N.C. 27699-4614
919.807.7347

E-mail correspondence to and from this address may be subject to the North
Carolina Public Records Law "NCGS.Ch.132" and may be disclosed to third
parties by an authorized state official.