From: Program for Cooperative Cataloging [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Adam L. Schiff
Sent: Thursday, April 19, 2012 4:01 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [PCCLIST] Conversion of Koran plans

I wanted to call everyone's attention to an error in the plan for
migrating the AACR2 records for Koran to RDA. The RDA form of Qur'an does
NOT have a macron over the a, as it does in the migration plans and
examples.  This was discussed by me with the JSC when we were doing the
examples and they decided not to follow a strict transliteration of the
Arabic.  As you can see by looking in the RDA Toolkit, the examples do not
have the macron (see for example 6.23.2.18).

Adam

Adam L. Schiff
Principal Cataloger
University of Washington Libraries