I've been having that problem, too ... what I've been doing is searching
for the document in google by its title or part of it (e.g. "ambiguous
entities" or "naco normaization" or whatever), and then accessing the
google cached version from there.  You can get to the cached version by
hovering your mouse pointer over those two large "greater than" signs to
the right of the google hit for the old www.loc.gov address.

I hope that helps if you're not able to get an instruction on how to
convert the old URL to the new one by yourself.

Aloha,
Mike Chopey

--
Michael A. Chopey