If you succeed in getting 678 (or any of the new authority fields) to display in Symphony, please let me know how it was done.

My sense is that 678 would be similar to 680 scope notes, which we are able to display.  The new 3XX fields are less clear.

John

From: "Robert Maxwell" <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Wednesday, May 23, 2012 6:32:44 PM
Subject: Re: [PCCLIST] Use of field 678 with corporate body history

Some of our catalogers have been regularly using 678 in authority records to record the RDA Biographical Information (9.17) and Corporate History (11.11) elements.

Examples:

no2011014458 (personal name)

n  90704959 (corporate name)

We haven’t yet revised our displays so that 678 displays to the public (Sirsi ILS), but I would think it could be done.

Robert L. Maxwell

Special Collections and Ancient Languages Catalog Librarian

Genre/Form Authorities Librarian

6728 Harold B. Lee Library

Brigham Young University

Provo, UT 84602