That's my friend Joe down to the ground. I wish to set the record straight
about MH "fizzling out". We had planned 100 selections in the line. 60 were
released before the plug was pulled by a certain cultural malefactor who
now heads the Met Opera. "Why are we doing this?" was his response to
viewing the the cover art for a collection of Michael Rabin's early
Columbias. I was asked to prepare a justification, in which I cited Rabin
as one of a group of young musicians who emerged in the postwar era and
were entirely trained in the U.S, e.g. Kappel, Bernstein, Rose and Stern.
"Don't mention Kappel," I was warned, "Peter would know who he was." Need I
say more?

DDR

--
Dennis D. Rooney