Here is a mystery: I have heard a radio interview with actor Buddy Rogers
that was aired on WLW Cincinnati that obviously -- from the sound of it --
came from tape; it was a continuous 17 minute interview with the telltale
echo of print thru. But when I dated the recording from events discussed in
the interview, I discovered that it couldn't have been conducted after
February 18, 1948, the date from which the film under discussion opened.

How would it be possible for WLW to have access to tape so early? Powel
Crosley was a multimillionaire, manufactured radio sets and recording
equipment already. Perhaps tape technology was offered to him early, but he
declined to exploit it? I have no idea.

Uncle Dave Lewis
Lebanon, OH