-----Original Message-----
From: Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Steven Smolian
Sent: Friday, June 01, 2012 5:49 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] Who needs vinyl?

I'm still trying to figure that out myself.  At a guess, they're multiple CD
sets with a 2012 release dat.  I'm going to order the Bruno Walter Mahler
set to hear how the 2d came out.  It's always sounded squished to me.  I was
at two of the sessions and recall a bit of what got retaken and why.  At
least one of the corrections was not used.

I hope they do the mono 1st which I far prefer to the tired-sounding LA one.
And I much prefer Mitropoulos's performance of the 5th.  We'll see.  I'll
check the date on that one as well.

I see the Perahia Mozart concerti are also available in a new box and may go
for that one as well.

The date on the boxes will give us some scope of the span.  Sort of a "do
not buy if dated before" indicator.

Steve Smolian