these  recordings can sound. I guess if you really want SACD you'll have to
go  Japanese. You might try _www.hmv.co.jp_ (http://www.hmv.co.jp) .

Rich

In a message dated 6/1/2012 6:44:50 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

Are we  talking about SACDs, because I'm interested Bernsteins' Mahler
second in that  format with the N.Y. Phil that only seems to be available in a
Japanese  remastering?
http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=SICC-10054

---  On Fri, 6/1/12, [Richard A  Kaplan] <[log in to unmask]>  wrote:

From: [Richard A  Kaplan]  <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] Who needs vinyl?
To:  [log in to unmask]
Date: Friday, June 1, 2012, 1:09 PM

Sony's  release of Bernstein's Mahler cycle last year in new masterings
from
session tapes was revelatory; it shows (a) what they're capable of when
they're  willing to use the resources, and (b) how inadequate the  huge
bulk of
their CD  reissues have (has?) been. I'm with Steve:  More!

Rich Kaplan

In a message dated 6/1/2012 3:05:07 P.M.  Central Daylight Time,