From: "Casey, Michael T" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Wednesday, June 20, 2012 5:39 PM
Subject: [ARSCLIST] audio from pictures

For those of you following Patrick Feaster's work on the earliest sound recordings, you might be
interested in his recovery of the voice of Emile Berliner from a picture in a periodical.

There is a news release from Indiana University here
http://newsinfo.iu.edu/news/page/normal/22508.html

A summary version on our blog with an audio clip
http://mediapreservation.wordpress.com/2012/06/20/extracting-audio-from-pictures-summary/

Patrick's description of this project
http://mediapreservation.wordpress.com/2012/06/20/extracting-audio-from-pictures/

Mike