From: "Randy Lane" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Monday, June 04, 2012 10:27 AM
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] Mercury Living Presence

Tom,
Below is a posting I put on a Usenet group last year and the responses.
Do you think there is any truth to the statement "Some of them are
transferred from tape, by the way"?
A working link to the Redisovery site is:

http://www.rediscovery.us/

@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> I put in a suggestion with Australian Eloquence to put together a
>>> collection of *Dorati's **Haydn* Symphony recordings that were made for
>>> *Mercury* (i.e., prior to the masssive complete symphony set).
>>> I found 7 symphonies on 5 LPS:

>>> SR 90208 - Philharmonia Hungarica - # 93 , # 104
>>> SR 90280 - London Symphony Orchestra - # 45 (with Mozart # 40)
>>> SR 90415 - London Symphony Orchestra - # 100 (with Beethoven # 6)
>>> SR 90436 - Festical Chamber Orchestra - # 59, # 81
>>> WC 18064 - London Symphony Orchestra - # 101 (with Mozart # 36)

>>> Does anyone know of others?

>> don't know why you couldn't just buy the whole set
>> fromwww.ReDiscovery.us<http://www.google.com/url?sa=D&q=www.ReDiscovery.us&usg=AFQjCNGekM1p1hPupT9LQFJw7Fx0qTTG8w>...

> Because I'd prefer to have a legal ( i.e., not pirated ) copy made
> from original sources, not LPs. Even if it costs more.

Not sure if you meant to say the Rediscovery transfers are illegal, but I
don't believe they are.  Some of them are transferred from tape, by the
way.