Hi, Trey,

When I upgraded to Windows 7 last year, I purchased an RME Fireface UFX
which can connect via FireWire (400) OR USB 2.0.

It needs to connect via USB for firmware updates, but I have found it to
be less of a load on the CPU when connected for normal operation via FW.
The RME drivers are very stable. The unit sounds great. It can also act
as a stand-alone recorder. I use it with a SDHC card reader and card
rather than a thumb drive (most are too slow) or a HDD.

There are smaller versions of the product (the UCX) that is underpowered
feature-wise for my tastes, but I think it sounds as good.

I've been using RME products for close to ten years now. I also have two
Multiface II and while that might be a choice, it connects via a PCIe
card. I bought a computer just when it was about the last with two PCI
slots so I didn't have to spend the money on the RME upgrade from PCI to
PCIe which would have cost as much as the computer. I have 16 tracks on
the Multifaces and 8 tracks (plus) on the Fireface, and they can be
locked together or running separately on two different projects.

Cheers,

Richard