From: Michael Biel
Sent: Thursday, June 07, 2012 3:27 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] Columbia Records SET C-117 All-time Favorite by
Harry James.

I don't have my catalogs and monthly release sheets at hand to give a
release date for 117 and 119, but the Columbia C series was re-started
in March 1940 at number C-11.  They were doing the Hot Classics during
1940 - 43, especially during the musicians strike, so those numbers will
help guide you.  The Cugat C-54 was issued by mid-1942.

Fuji's use of SP means "Standard Play" which is the term much of the
world outside the U.S. gives for 78s.

Mike Biel  [log in to unmask]