I have always found the Genelecs to sound "phasey" due to the "wave
guide"
contour of the cabinet around the tweeter.  If you never move your
head, they
sound fine, but if you do move the sound changes a lot which I find very
distracting.  I consider this a defect, but of course the company
touts it as a feature ;-)

Doug

> Date:    Wed, 6 Jun 2012 18:57:09 +0000
> From:    "Grant, Tyra" <[log in to unmask]>
> Subject: Seeking studio monitor comments
>
> Greetings,
> We're evaluating studio monitors for our small (14'x14') audio
> room---with =
> workstation close-to being against a wall.  We prefer to spend
> $1,500, more=
> or less.
>
> We're focusing on 1) Mackie HR624 MkIIs and 2) Genelec 8030As
> Unfortunately, we have no way to test-run either of these---or any
> others f=
> or that matter.
>
> We'd really appreciate hearing comments or suggestions relating to
> experien=
> ce with these models or any other monitors that might be worth our
> consider=
> ation.
>
> I hope this request isn't out-of-line.
>
> Best,
> Tyra Grant
>

> Digital and electronic media preservation officer
> University of Kansas Libraries
> 785-864-8951

Doug Pomeroy
Audio Restoration & Mastering Services