Ahh, the good old days. I used to line the insides of my CRTs with
tinfoil (if you do this take care to leave vent holes for cooling)
because of leaking RF, from the flyback transformer, I assume, CRTs used
to cause serious "squealing" in most any audio devices nearby. I've used
a similar technique with other audio devices that leak with great
success. I'm with you Roderic. I do lots of video - it's funny how most
of the digital studio video monitors ($8,000+) claim to "almost" match
CRT color fidelity. CRTs blow LCDs out of the water but because of
concerns about mercury are only available on the used market now.

--greg

--
Greg Schmitz
Alaska Moving Image Preservation Association (AMIPA)

The Alaska Moving Image Preservation Association is a 501(c)(3) non-profit dedicated to media preservation and education to ensure long-term access to Alaska’s moving image heritage.