Forwarded on behalf of a colleague who is not on the ARSC list. Please reply directly to Michael off list.

Jim

From: Rogan, Michael J. [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Monday, June 18, 2012 3:34 PM
To: Farrington, Jim
Subject: ARSC member?

* * *

Dear ARSC members,

Tufts recently received a large gift of sound recordings which included approximately 800 seven-inch reel tapes.   We do not collect or support this format, and so I am looking for an institution or sound archive that might be interested in receiving them.

The vast majority are commercial recordings of classical repertoire,  a mix of 3 � ips and 7 � ips, stereo and 4-track stereo, ranging from the late 1950s to the early 1980s.  I'm assuming most of them are from the 1960s and '70s.   A title list is beyond our staffing to generate.

While I would like to ship them off in one fell swoop (and share the cost of shipping), other arrangements can be considered, including very rough splitting of the material (for example, send only operas, or only the RCA label - the kind of gross sorting that can be done by a student).   Please contact me directly with any questions or suggestions.

Sincerely,

Michael Rogan

      * * *

Michael Rogan, Head, Lilly Music Library
Granoff Music Center, Tufts University
Medford, MA 02155
office:  (617) 627-2846

All Art constantly aspires towards the condition of Music. -- Walter Pater.