 From: "[log in to unmask]" <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Thursday, June 21, 2012 10:44 AM
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] audio from pictures

Meanwhile, there's the nagging question of what to do with unique
artifacts.

An algorithm that can tell the difference between sound (coherent) and
noise (non-coherent) would be great. Or maybe a really sensitive noise
gate that can select pixel by pixel, or the audio equivalent. Imagine a
spectral view of a wav file and a process for eliminating everything
below a certain threshold on a pixel by pixel basis. Never mind the
slices of the spectrum. Only that which is above the threshold remains.

With the Berliner file in question, the voice fades somewhat at moments
leaving the noise as loud as the voice, or louder.

The problem for me is that I don't speak German so I don't what I'm
hearing anyway.

joe salerno

--
Joe Salerno