From: Bob Olhsson
> Capitol originally recorded at Radio Recorders and I believe the Bing Crosby
> shows were also taped there. When Capitol bought their own studio it was
> staffed mostly with people from Radio.
> (Pre-recording radio shows was their original business, hence the name.)
> Bob Olhsson

Not really.  Their major work was recording line checks of live
broadcasts (mostly for CBS) for more than a decade before the networks
allowed the playing of recordings on the networks.

Crosby's show was on ABC and the recordings were done with their
facilities on disc for a year before Jack Mullen moved his magnetophones
into their studios.  Many of the programs were recorded in San Francisco
and other locations.

Mike Biel  [log in to unmask]