Many thanks to Sam and Mal. I'll assume that it was a 78 because either of
you would have mentioned it if it was a transcription like those in the "L"
series that Victor was selling at the time.

That somehow reminds me that there are frequent citations of the company in
the early days as "The Victor." When I was writing the notes for the RCA
Vintage "Leo Reisman Vol. 1" I used "The Victor" at one point but the Legal
Dept. made me change it. Haven't thought about that in many years.

Dan Langan