From: Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Steven Smolian
Sent: Thursday, June 07, 2012 12:11 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] Who needs vinyl?

This implies that lacquers were in use before Pailey acquired what became Columbia Records in 1938.  It has been my impression that the change-over occurred early in his tenure and that the new studios at 799 7th Ave were equiped specifically for this purpose. Is there more deail on  this?

Steve Smolian