Tom,

I worked for an executive producer at the Fox network who was a total bully boy. I remember one incident vividly when he read me the riot act in front of staff. I got up from my chair, followed him into his office/throne room and told him, veins bulging, to never pull that kind of crap again. Having made my brief ultimatum, he then followed me out of his office, and his veins bulging, flipped me off! TV has such higher standards of behavior than orchestral venues.

To your point. This guy was an asshole, but he never accepted mediocrity of any kind and I learned more from him about production values and how to achieve a higher degree of excellence in story telling than anyone I ever worked with in television. Case closed. Bring on the Reichmachers!

Alex