Please excuse any cross-postings.

If you’ve been thinking about writing an article for the 2012 Best Practices for Government Libraries or you’re drafting something up now and haven’t touched base with Marie Kaddell yet, please contact Marie  as soon as possible about your submission. It’s not too late to write but the deadline is coming up.  Don’t miss this great opportunity to be one of the 2012 Best Practices authors.  This year, Best Practices for Government Libraries will also be released in e-book format. If you haven’t written before, this is the year to start. You do not have to be a government librarian to write.

The annual collaborative document, Best Practices for Government Libraries, showcases government librarians, and those with an interest in government libraries, who are innovating and creating success in the workplace and beyond. The 2011 Best Practices for Government Libraries includes 70 articles and other submissions provided by more than 60 contributors from libraries in government agencies, courts, and the military, as well as from professional association leaders, LexisNexis consultants, and more. Some of the authors have had their articles re-published in other journals and newsletters. A number of Best Practices articles were re-published in SLA’s Future Ready 365 Blog last year. Articles from Best Practices are also posted on the Government Info Pro blog.

This year, the topic for Best Practices is Pushing Boundaries:  Mobility, Community, Accessibility. Share your insights and experiences in these areas in the form of a short article from any angle: library, organization, profession, or personal. The focus of your article could be mobile apps, social media/networking, e-books, virtual library services, and much more. The scope of submissions is only limited by your imagination. In past years, in addition to original articles, we have also received: library program descriptions and promotional materials, planning documents, websites and blog entries, video, and displays.

You can see the PDF version of the 2011 Best Practices here:  2011 Best Practices for Government Libraries:  e-Initiatives and e-Efforts:  Expanding Our Horizons. Earlier editions are also available in PDF from the right sidebar of the Government Info Pro blog

For the 2012 edition of Best Practices, please submit your electronic documents to [log in to unmask]. Best Practices will be published this summer. The deadline for submission is June 8, 2012. If you have any questions about the 2012 Best Practices, please do not hesitate to contact me.

This is your opportunity to step into the spotlight! Take advantage of it and share your successes, your ideas, and your wisdom. I am looking forward to seeing a broad spectrum of content again this year and I hope you will make it a point to participate.

Share! Write! Get Published!

Marie

Marie Kaddell, M.L.S., M.S., M.B.A.
Senior Information Professional Consultant

First VP/President-Elect, DC/SLA

Past Chair, SLA Division of Government Information

Subscribe to the Government Info Pro blog

Follow me on Twitter [log in to unmask]" alt="Description: Twitter-Icon - very small">  Find LexisNexis for Government on Facebook [log in to unmask]" alt="Description: Facebook-Icon - very small">