Hi Everyone -

I just wanted to send an e-mail to invite you and your staffs to the Department of the Interior Library on Thursday, July 5th from 2:00 to 4:00 pm for a training session entitled "Advanced Legal Research on Westlaw," part of our series of free training sessions at the DOI Library.

Westlaw is one of the primary online legal research services for lawyers and legal professionals in the United States and is a part of West, a part of Thomson Reuters. Information resources on Westlaw include more than 40,000 databases of case law, state and federal statutes, administrative codes, newspaper and magazine articles, public records, law journals, law reviews, treatises, legal forms and other information resources.  Attendees will learn how to take research skills learned in introductory Westlaw courses to the next level. Learn how to find cases by attorney or judge's name, date, and jurisdiction. Explore statutory materials and learn how to combine the best of book and online research with Westlaw's online Table of Contents. Delve into KeyCite's unique features that allow researchers to fine-tune their result by legal issue, jurisdiction, and other selected criteria. And learn how to personalize Westlaw to meet your unique research needs. This program will be conducted by a Westlaw trainer.

All that are interested are invited.  The DOI Library is located in the Main Interior Building, located at 1849 C Street, NW, Room 1151 in Washington.  Space is limited so please contact the Library by phone at (202) 208-5815 or by e-mail at [log in to unmask] to let us know you will be coming.    Please Note: This class is also being offered to remote users as a simultaneous online webinar via WebEx. Please contact the DOI Library by e-mail at [log in to unmask] for information on how to register for WebEx access to the class.

For more information about future DOI Library Training Sessions, we encourage you to visit our Training Sessions website at
http://www.doi.gov/library/programs/training.cfm.

We hope that you can attend either in person or virtually on July 5th!

George Franchois
Director
U.S. Dept. of the Interior Library
1849 C Street, NW, MS 1151