Hi Kayla,

Like Winona, we use XQuery for batch changes, but since Acumen already uses XSLT, this might fit better with your toolkit.

You can get a long way with regular expressions in a text editor though, with certain kinds of batch changes, especially if your XML is canonical. If you feel that this is safe, you can do this, e.g. with oXygen, on your live server.

We are developing an open source MODS solution, Tamboti, based on XQuery and XForms, installable from the Package Repository of the eXist Native XML database (version 2 only) (see <http://exist.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/exist/apps/tamboti/>). Since the batch changes we have been doing have been one-off administrator corrections of mistakes and suchlike, we have not considered making a GUI, but if there are recurrent tasks of this kind, it might be a good idea.

Best,

Jens