Hi Michael:

Personally, I think this is a case where post-coordination (i.e.,
Drugs--Side effects, Diabetes (and/or Diabetes--Prevention), and
Hypoglycemic agents--I'm assuming that is the specific medicinal issue
being discussed in the book) works well enough. Drugs--Side effects is
indeed broad enough to cover this subject (though perhaps not as
specifically as you might like--but it's not NOT what the book is about
either, if that makes sense). There may well not be literary warrant for
highlighting the interactions among types of drugs, types of diseases
and types of side effects outside of a few titles. I suspect most works
will address several of these topics at once, and so existing headings,
and post coordination, would suffice.

My opinion,
Jennifer Sweda
Cataloging Librarian