In 6JSC/LC/21, I wondered why “i.e.” was being changed to “e.g.” Changing from “i.e.” to “e.g.” makes the two terms undefined, since “e.g.” introduces an example rather than a definition.

Ed Jones

From: Program for Cooperative Cataloging [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Kathy Glennan
Sent: Thursday, July 26, 2012 6:39 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [PCCLIST] More RDA proposals for review/comment

The JSC has made three more RDA proposals available on their website:

6JSC/LC/20    Revisions to RDA Chapter 6 to treat "Selections" as a work attribute

6JSC/LC/21    Clarification of leaves and pages (3.4.5.2 and Glossary)

6JSC/LC/22    Revisions to Date Associated with the Person (9.3) when recording more than a year alone

CC:DA will need to respond to these proposals in advance of the November JSC meeting. While no specific deadlines have yet been established for CC:DA feedback, I would be happy to forward any comments from PCC members for consideration.

Please send your comments directly to me and not to the PCC list; I will contribute them to the CC:DA wiki. If you have an opportunity to comment on these papers through multiple CC:DA liaisons or voting members, please select just one of us to contribute on your behalf.

Please contact me if you have any questions. I look forward to hearing your thoughts!

Kathy Glennan

PCC liaison to CC:DA

Head, Special Resources Cataloging / Music Cataloger

University of Maryland