To my very great chagrin (mixed with relief), the error was a very simple
matter of some dislodged wiring in the jungle of wires. Nonetheless, all
the suggestions that everyone provided is much much appreciated, as it
re-familiarized with some finer points that I shall be glad to have at the
ready for any mysterious troubleshooting scenarios that should arise in the
future.

Much obliged,

Brian

Brian Carpenter