The first A-Vs, like Gennett, were vertical cut. Once the lateral cut
monopoly was broken they changed to lateral cut. The label ran until 1924
when it was sold to Brunswick,who wanted the Vocalian name. All acoustic
masters were apparently scrapped when Brunswick declined interest in them.
Thus acoustic Vocalian sides seem to be "orphans". A decade ago, the
successor-in-interest to the Aeolian Co. was located in Upstate NY,
manufacturing power boats. The proprietor was both ignorant of and
uninterested in them when informed of their existence.

DDR