POLICY as to WHICH digital transfer to use? Not in my experience, unless it
was the late Jack Pfeiffer's instructions to his reissue supervisors to use
the most recently released source, a policy that survived at RCA after his
demise.  Under Tom Frost's aegis, Sony Classical was very concerned with
countering the bad press they had received from so many early CBS CDs
produced from Lp cutting masters. All the reisssue lines in production when
I was there in the 90s used new a/d transfers from the SW master reels. (It
was an embarrassment when we discovered that the initial group of classical
SACDs, ordered up by the hardware division and not run through A&R, were
all made from 2-track submasters.) However, by the early years of this
century, everything was in a state of disorder. Recycling is now the norm,
and as institutional amnesia affects the labels, there is often ignorance,
confusion or both over what is the best digital source.

DDR

--
Dennis D. Rooney
303 W. 66th Street, 9HE