I have on quarter-track tape a stereo recording of the Marjorie Lawrence
Opera Theater production of Scott Joplin's opera "Treemonisha", Shryrock
Auditorium, Southern Illinois University at Carbondale, 17-18 November 1972.
Unfortunately it is a Shamrock 1 MIL polyester 1/4 IN x 1800 FT type 041
- it squeaks and squeals (or whatever the appropriate word in English is).
I was given to understand that such tapes could be rescued by "baking"
or some other remedy, but I would not know how to do that.

*Is there a better copy around somewhere...to replace mine. Perhaps on CD?*

Thanks
Rainer

--
Dr. Rainer E. Lotz