Hi everyone,

I came across this odd 45 and I can't seem to uncover any info on it and wondered if anyone might have some insight.  I can't tell if it's a parody or real.  The artist is The Gerbils (I don't think it is the Athens, GA indie rock group from the late 90s) and it appears to be a Chipmunks clone.  The record has a cute gerbil cartoon on the sleeve.  The songs are "Buzzard Meat" b/w "Fishing With Uncle Ewell".  The sleeve says 1979 and the label on the disc looks consistent with design from that time.  The music is slightly out of tune and country flavored with phased guitars and pitch shifted munchkin vocals.

Thanks!
John Dawson