try here: http://www.kiddierekordking.com/

Best wishes, Thomas.

-----Original Message-----
From: Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List
[mailto:[log in to unmask]]On Behalf Of James Roth
Sent: Tuesday, August 28, 2012 8:55 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [ARSCLIST] I'm wondering if you can help me find a certain
45rpm.

Hello All

I'm wondering if you can help me find a certain 45rpm.
When I was about 5 (1951), my sister had this jazz recording of School Days.
I don't remember the name of the band, since I wasn't really aware of such details at 5.
I DO remember that the label was rather colorful.  It's had a circle at the top of it.
It was played by a small band and, if I recall, there was a saxophone.
The piece had a neat (cool) ending.  That's how it sounded to me back then.
The soloist played the equivalent of C-E-C-Geeeeeeeeeeeee, but it might have been in a different key.
It wasn't a chord.  The notes were played separately and the last note lasted a longer than the first three.

Does that ring a bell for anyone?
It would be a miracle.

Regards,
Ben Roth