FWIW,
The part that everyone is referring to as a "cantilever" is defined in
the Audio Cyclopedia (Howard M. Tremaine) as a "stylus bar".
I came across this bit of trivia while researching definitions for the
glossaries on my website. However, cantilever sounds like an excellent
description to me.

Cheers!

Corey
Corey Bailey Audio Engineering