Ahhh yes - I totally forgot the "video wall".

I was programming them back in the late 80's and early 90's. If I
remember right there were two companies that made software and
sophisticated switching devices for these. The one I knew how to program
was made by Pic-Block. I remember doing the programming for NASA several
years in a row for the booth they had at the annual airshow in Oshkosh.
They'd set me up in a huge hanger outside Cleveland with all the
equipment ready. Three days later we had a show programmed. The ones I
worked on had up to three laser disk players running at the same time
for the video feed. Laser disk players were used as they had a very
clean feed, would not wear out like tape when played over and over and
allowed almost instant access to any point on the disk. The hardware
also had a still-store so that you could grab an image and hold it on
the monitor, thus having a different scene on each monitor. You could
display a single image on each monitor, or multiple images blown up and
spread across groups of monitors in any combination. Neat stuff.

Regards,

John Schroth